Tuesday, September 4, 2012

FREE TO CHOOSE REAL MONEY

This is the great problem of personal freedom. 
How is my personal freedom limited by society? 
May I freely examine any issue, may I criticize,
 may I express my criticism, may I rebel 
and oppose and say No! to my group or 
government or nation? 

Or am I wholly determined by my social relations 
so that I have no right to rebel, no right to ask questions, 
no right to look around and seek, 
no right to lift my head above the crowd 
and reach forth to the light and truth?

- CHARLES HABIB MALIK (LEBANON)

SAY NO TO RIBAWI PAPER MONEY
AND FRACTIONAL BANKING !

YES TO GOLD DINAR AND SILVER DIRHAM
TO RECOVER ISLAM, MUAMALAT, ZAKAT
AND TRUE LEADERSHIP OF ULAMA AND UMARA !

FREEDOM TO TRADE WITHOUT INFLATION
AND TAXES. FREEDOM FROM STATE MONOPOLY
TO CREATE/PRINT MONEY OUT OF NOTHING.

To further add to his impressive background, Malik was a philosopher by training and worked with both Alfred North Whitehead and Martin Heidegger as a PhD student, and his background in late-modern philosophy gave a distinctive cast to his conception of freedom. He argued that the most fundamental freedom was the freedom to change – or a freedom of becoming as opposed to a freedom of being. This was important politically because Malik thought individual liberty was most vitally about preserving the space for human beings to follow their conscience and exercise their freedom in the ongoing process of development.
If we have any contribution to make, it is in the field of fundamental freedom, namely, freedom of thought, freedom of conscience and freedom of being. And there is one point on which we wish to insist more than anything else, namely that it is not enough to be, it is not enough to be free to be what you are. You must also be free to become what your conscience requires you to become in light of your best knowledge. It is therefore freedom of becoming, of change that we stress as much as freedom of being.

No comments:

Post a Comment